Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Australian For Beer


Back in the waning days of August, I was contacted by Ross Gales from Pollen Digital in Sydney, Australia. He was interestd in commissioning a series of illustrations for a redesign of Cascade Brewery's website. Cascade is the oldest brewer in Australia, so he was looking for artwork with a retro feel.

I created icons for the homepage that led to sections of the website highlighting Cascade's products, brewing process, brewery tour and homebrew options.

After completing those, I was asked to create art for a few banners that would promoted the company's iPhone app. Those can be seen below:






The new website, which debuted last week, can be seen here.

This was a fun project to work on, despite the late nights and early mornings necessitated by working with a client in a timezone 14 hours away. Now I need to find a place in Brooklyn that sells or serves any of Cascades beers so I can taste them. Unfortunately, I didn't get a free sample. I think that should be a requirement for alcohol- and/or food-related projects.

4 comments:

  1. Great looking stuff, John! What a fabulous project. I agree w/ you - free samples should always be included with the brief. Especially when you're working on a beer account. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leif.

    I had the good fortune here of working with some very talented art directors and designers on this project. They made my contribution really look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a crazy number of assignments in one commission. But those designers really know how to complement your work. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks.

    It was quite crazy at one point. There were even a few more that didn't make the final cut. Fortunately, they had a good idea of what they were looking for in each one so I didn't have to do too much concepting or sketching.

    ReplyDelete