Thursday, October 1, 2009

Help Wipe Out Blood Cancers


Last week, rather unexpectedly, I was hospitalized and diagnosed with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia.

On October 15 I will be joining the Society of Illustrators team at the 2009 Light the Night Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. If you would like to make a donation to help fund Leukemia and Lymphoma research please click here. We are just shy of the halfway point of our goal. Please help push us over the edge.

In the near future I'll begin sharing a little more info on my diagnosis and treatment.

3 comments:

  1. Hi John
    Been dropping by your blog for the last couple of months now and have really been enjoying it.

    Good luck with fighting the CML.
    W

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.

    Glad to hear you are enjoying my drawings/musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. The good thing about this diagnosis is that there are wonderful drugs to fight it. My doctors and I are pretty optimistic that I'll be in remission soon

    ReplyDelete